Buy this to make a donation to CAF India validated charity - Wildlife Trust of India (WTI). Pick a quantity to make the total amount equivalent to what you would like to donate and then pay online using credit card or online bank transfer.
Focus: To evolve a sustainable and replicable model for an effective and decentralised public school system based on good management practices.
Sikshana is a unique effort started by the Sivasri Charitable Trust. It aims to improve learning levels in the public education system at the primary level. Sikshana's core focus is to provide:
- Midday meals
- Additional classrooms where space is critical
- An improved environment in the existing classrooms
- Power, water supply, and sanitation
- Additional teachers wherever required
- Teaching aids, notebooks etc.
- Incentives for kids to excel through prizes and scholarships
- Re-orientation and re-training for staff
- Quantified targets and performance measures at each stage and in each school
- A strong library movement
- Personal computers and multimedia content
Working in collaboration with the Government, Sikshana believes that any meaningful effort needs to be effected from within the system by using its strengths and overcoming its weaknesses. It is within this paradigm that Sikshana is aiming to evolve a sustainable and replicable model for an effective and decentralized public school system based on good management practices.
Annual programme budget: Approx Rs.4 Lakh.
Sivasri Charitable Trust is a registered charitable trust (699/IV) and all donations are exempt under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 27 July, 2006.