Buy this to make a donation to CAF India validated charity - Muskaan. Pick a quantity to make the total amount equivalent to what you would like to donate and then pay online using credit card or online bank transfer.
Focus: Vocational training for mentally challenged persons.
Started in 1982 by a group of parents and professionals with the objective of providing necessary services in the field of mental disability, Muskaan has evolved into a pioneering training and work centre. With the recent allotment of land for the Muskaan vocational training and work centre at Vasant Kunj, open spaces and the airy building enthuses those learning innovative vocational skills.
Muskaan enables the mentally challenged to showcase their skill and work towards self-reliance. With the help of the American embassy, it also runs an innovative programme on cognitive enrichment. The following projects aim at enhancing the quality of life of those at Muskaan:
- Teacher-assistant training, office management training, block printing, making of stationary items, spices, candles, and diyas
- Counselling and therapy for parents as well as trainees through lectures, and workshops
- Pre-vocational training and skill development for girls and boys between the ages of 10-16 years
- Vocational training of boys and girls of the ages 16 and onwards
- Employment of trained personnel
- Training of the severely challenged with an objective to move towards greater self-reliance in daily living
- Respite care/ training in independent living by organising weekend stay overs
Annual programme budget: Rs. 25-27 Lakh.
Muskaan is a registered society (S/13036) and all donations are exempt under Section 80G of the Income Tax Act.
This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 13 July, 2006.